Wednesday, July 22, 2009

iscd industry insider :: Signature Prints

Helen Lennie, General Manager of Signature Prints gives iscd and insight to the design industry.





What or who inspires you?

Nature, change of seasons, levels of light, the sea, traveling (in particular Paris). Working in collaboration with other creative’s as part of a design team.




What is your signature style?

Sophisticated but eclectic



How did you get to where you are today?

Determination, hard work and an ability to learn from people who inspire me. I have had some wonderful mentoring along the way. The most valuable aspect of my personality would be stamina. To bring Florence’s designs back to life and create a global brand requires masses of stamina and determination. Each year our goals grow so you realize you are never quite “there” yet….



We are a School. What were you like as a student?

Oh my goodness…..apparently quite a distraction! I think my enthusiasm got me into trouble at times. The school I was sent to was not right for me….in hindsight I wish I had the skill to communicate this to my parents and make the necessary changes. I firmly believe if you are not enjoying the journey do something about it. I left school young and a little naive but traveled overseas straight away and never looked back




What makes you smile?

My business partner and amazing husband – David. He can also make me frown but mostly it’s a smile!






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment