Monday, July 6, 2009

iscd industry insider :: Lilly and Lolly Designer Linen and Furniture


Ashling Power, designer from Lilly and Lolly gives iscd an insight to the design industry.

What or who inspires you?

I am a great collector of magazine clippings, bits of fabrics, books and these live with me until such time I use them for something! I also get inspired by eclectic mixes like modern with antique, ethnic with classic. I think I am ‘Magazine Junky of the Year’ every year.

What is your design philosophy?

I am a believer in clean, bold lines –no clutter. But keep it fun especially when it comes to kids bedrooms. I love clear strong lines and shapes, large panels of solid colour but then mixed with an intricate pattern to throw the whole look slightly off balance. I like a bit of Quirk!How did you get to where you are today?

Blood, sweat and tears, but then a good laugh after the tears. I also attribute our success to the talent of everyone involved with the development our products. It’s definitely the team that makes it work in the end.

What makes you smile?

Cuddles and sloppy kisses in bed with my 3 and 5yr old in morning. I think we will need a bigger bed soon.

What were you like as a student?
I think I was a very stubborn one. But I also worked extremely hard and remember being asked in one of my critiques why I had done so much work. As you can imagine I was slightly amazed at the question but received great mark.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment